Value – £350k
Client – EKHU NHS Foundation Trust
Bauvill were appointed by EKHU NHS Foundation Trust to convert existing procurement stores into a new Cardiology Department at Kent and Canterbury Hospital. The eight-week programme of works consisted of multiple items, including:
- Demolition of existing walls with new structural supports installed.
- Removal of all existing partitions, doors, joinery, flooring and ceilings.
- Installation of multiple new Mechanical and Electrical services, including new medical gas outlets and mains supplies.
- New acoustic partitions and doors.
- Cap and Cove flooring.
- New ceiling grid.
- Medical furniture installation.
- New IPS units.
- Decorating and making good works.
- New drainage system.
Works were carried out next to a very busy area of the hospital, this meant that both H&S and noise suppression were under strict management, liaising with the hospital staff each day to ensure a smooth project transition.
Due to the extremely tight timeline amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, site operatives were required to work seven-days a week with day and night shifts for multiple trades, whilst enforcing strict social distancing measures. The project was delivered within the allocated time period and under budget.