Value – 400k
Client – East Kent Hospitals University Foundation Trust
Start Date – September 2018
Duration – 6 Weeks
The St Lawrence Ward at Kent and Canterbury hospital was an unoccupied dementia ward for over 4 years before Bauvill were asked to complete the strip out, demolition and refurbishment of the area for re-occupation by hospital patients on short notice.
The project was to be completed under a strict 6-week programme in order to ease the constraints on other wards throughout the hospital with the following items to be delivered:
- Soft strip out works including demolition of internal walls.
- Re-routing and re-introducing services including ventilation, pipework, nurse call, access control and medical gases.
- Fitting of a new kitchen, sanitary ware, wall protection, cladding and IPS systems.
- Putting up new partition walls throughout the ward.
- Redecorating the walls/ceilings and laying new flooring with coved skirting.