Value – £4.2m
Client – Medway NHS Foundation Trust
Date – Jan 2020
Bauvill were appointed to deliver a new-build extension and complete refurbishment of the Clinical Decisions Unit at Medway Maritime Hospital on behalf of Medway NHS Foundation Trust.
Bauvill’s scope of works throughout the project included:
- A newly built single-story infill constructed in the existing courtyard.
- Internal demolition and services strip-out of the area.
- Strip-out of high level armadillo slabs after installing key structural steel work.
- Mechanical and electrical services installed within the under-croft area (which required a confined space permit for each operative).
- New partitions and ceilings, installed as part of the unit reconfiguration.
- Nurse stations put in place with a new nurse call system.
- Medical gas pipework installed throughout.
- Finishes include flooring with hygienic cap and cove skirting, antibacterial decoration and medical furniture installation.
This project was completed and handed over to the trust ahead of schedule and the Managing Director of Bauvill was commended by HRH Princess Anne on the opening of the unit.